PATH TO TOKYO 2020
Make a Real Difference
Support Disability Sport
“for further information and Sign up for the event, Click here”
Following the success of ‘the 2016 Wheelchair Basketball Team Building Day’, Path to Success is again appealing to help raise funds for the London Titans Wheelchair Basketball Club.
The 2017 tournament will take place at the iconic Copper Box in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on May 16th 2017. Money raised will go towards funding the Path To 2020 Tokyo Paralympics, for aspiring Team GB Wheelchair Basketball Paralympians. The event already has considerable celebrity and corporate backing: from BBC Presenter and ex-Team GB Paralympian Ade Adepitan MBE (a former London Titans captain), and from Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE, multiple Paralympic Gold medallist in a glittering career and is now a media personality and a Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords. Rio 2016 Bronze medallist Gaz Choudhry is also supporting the tournament, and will be attending to offer coaching on the day.
Companies supporting the event this year are Shanti Hospitality, Arora Group, PHA-Media, Oxford University-Green Templeton College, Asian Voice, Eastern Eye, Disability Sports News, London360, Boutique PR & Marketing, Margot Restaurant, All in London, Choose your event, Anytime Fitness Club in St Pauls, Amira Foods, Sequoia London, MaxiMuscle, Pulsin and bhLive.
"This is a great opportunity to try wheelchair basketball and be coached by some of the most talented players in their sport. It will open up people's minds to the world of disability sport." -Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson
The tournament will be a unique ‘Team-Building Day’ like no other. This is a fantastic opportunity for able-bodied people to try their hand at a sport that is exciting, fast-moving and physically demanding. Path to Success are seeking teams of 6-8 players to experience a day that will test the determination and teamwork of participants. The funds raised will touch the lives of the fantastically skilled athletes who will be striving to make Great Britain proud at Tokyo in 2020.
A number of leading players will be present on the day, offering coaching and showing off their skills. To name a few; Rio 2016 Bronze medallists Gaz Choudhry and Simon Brown, Team GB women’s star Fi Tillman, and current Titans players including Christy Gregan, Matt Sealy and Sophie Paterson.
PATH TO SUCCESS OFFERS
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Wheelchairs for participating players
- Live commentary on the day by Ade Adepitan MBE
- Press and media coverage for participating companies
- Participants are being offered the opportunity to be coached and play wheelchair basketball alongside Team GB Paralympians and the elite London Titans Wheelchair Basketball Club Players.
- A chance to be crowned the 2017 Corporate Wheelchair Basketball Champion
- Teams will receive medals and victory trophy
- A personal signed photo with your favourite GB wheelchair basketball player
- Video of the day
- In addition to the tournament, London Titans’ elite and Team GB players will be treating everyone to an Exhibition Match to show off their skills.
The London Titans receive no central sports funding, but with hard work, relentless training and our financial support, they can continue to challenge on the international stage. Support their 28% deficit of Disability Funding by the Government. Path to Success is raising funds to Support them on their Path to Tokyo 2020. Money raised on the day will be used for crucial training and purchase the BEST personal specially-modified wheelchairs for Titan players to compete at the highest level of their sport.
PLAY YOUR PART IN TOKYO 2020
Here are some of the ways you can offer your support
- Enter a team of 6-8 players to the event. Whether colleagues or friends – everyone is welcome! - £5,000
- Sponsor a wheelchair - £4,500
- Sponsor one year training for a wheelchair basketball player toward 2020 Tokyo - £3500
- Sponsor catering for the day - £3,100
- Sponsor sports bibs with charity name on it - £500
- Sponsor Medals and Trophies - £360
- Sponsor the event by advertising your company with banners around the basketball court - £310 for two banners
- Sponsor Energy drinks - £175
This is a truly unique fundraising event taking place at a prestigious and historic venue. What better way to take part in a fantastic team-building day, support a great cause and test your skills against sporting stars at the peak of their ability. So come and get involved, and play your part in the Path to Tokyo.
"Wheelchair Basketball is a fast-paced and demanding sport that requires determination, stamina and communication, which makes teamwork essential for everyone. Join the CHALLENGE and support the YOUNG and TALENTED London Titans Players on their Path to Tokyo 2020.”
-Ade Adepitan MBE
SEE YOU ON THE COURT
23 Buckingham Gate London SW1E 6LB | Tel +44 (0) 20 7233 8632 | email@example.com
Registered UK Charity no : 1113253 | Registered Scottish Charity no : SC043104